“There’s really nothing quite so sweet as tiny, little baby feet.” ~ Author Unknown
Welcoming a new little one to your world? Shower baby and family and friends with lots of love (and these recipes and gifts)!
Like these Bronner’s exclusive, glass ornaments? Find “Our family has grown by two feet” at bronners.com.
Our Banana Punch recipe, from Bronner’s Flavorful Favorites, 1st edition, makes a perfect baby-shower beverage. It’s rich yellow color is a perfect baby neutral that won’t give the surprise away if you are hosting a gender-reveal at the shower!
– 8 c. water
– 4 c. sugar
– 2 qts. pineapple juice
– 4 small cans frozen orange juice, diluted with 12 cans of water
– 1/2 c. lemon juice
– 5 lg. bananas, puréed in blender
– 2 qts. Vernors or ginger ale
1. Combine 8 cups water and sugar. Bring to a boil.
2. Boil 15 minutes. Let cool.
3. Add other juices and bananas.
4. Mix thoroughly and freeze.
5. Take out at least 2 hours before serving and add Vernors or ginger ale.
Recipe Note: No ice needed. To reduce sugar in this recipe, use two cups of sugar rather than four.
*submitted by Ann Roettger
AND IT’S A …
Speaking of gender reveals, our exclusively designed “It’s a Girl!” and “It’s a Boy” glass ornaments are a great way to disclose baby’s gender. Simply pack the appropriate ornament in a beautiful Bronner’s box, and let grandma or big sister or a randomly chosen guest open the box and display the ornament to let everyone know if baby is a boy or a girl. Baby’s family can display the ornament on their Christmas tree each year and relive that special moment all over again!
“What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails
And puppy-dogs’ tails.
That’s what little boys are made of.”
“What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice
And everything nice.
That’s what little girls are made of.”
Welcoming an adopted little one to the family? Celebrate this specially chosen member of the family with an ornament!
DIY BABY SHOWER GIFT IDEA
Love to give a homemade gift? Our recipe for Homemade Baby Wipes from “Bronner’s Flavorful Favorites” staff cookbook is a practical gift that mom is sure to appreciate. For the gift that keeps on giving, present mom with two containers of wipes at the shower along with a coupon offering a number of free refills. All mom has to do is return an empty container to you when she needs a refill!
HOMEMADE BABY WIPES
– 1 roll of Bounty white paper towels
– 1 1/2 – 2 c. water
– 1 T. Baby Magic baby wash
– 1 T. Baby Magic baby oil
– 1 large, round Rubbermaid container with lid
1. Cut paper towel roll in half. Carefully pull out cardboard tube.
2. In a bowl or small pitcher, mix water, baby wash and baby oil.
3. Place one half of the paper towel roll into the Rubbermaid container, cut side down. Pour mixture over paper towel.
4. Put lid on container and let stand for 6-12 hours.
5. To use, pull wipes from center of roll.
If they are too wet, leave the lid off for a little while. If they are too dry, add a little more water. These are great for babies with sensitive skin and are inexpensive to make.
*submitted by Connie Daenzer
So many choices for baby! Which of the ornaments shown above are your gift-giving favorites?