Valentine’s Day is the holiday of L😍VE; both revered and hated. We think it’s fair to say that Cupid has gotten a pretty bad rap throughout the years with some. But what would Valentine’s Day look like if it meant more?
For the past 10 years, Bronner’s CHRISTmas Wonderland has brought together mid-Michigan media celebrities in the name of philanthropy, with their friendly Hot Shot Archery contest benefiting many local charities.
Each year archers aim cupid’s arrow at $1,014 in grand-prize money for their favorite charities. The other two finalists secure donations for $100; while entrants not advancing to the finals still earn $50 for their favorite charities.
Archers/charities earn five points in the preliminary round for each ‘fan’ who attends the event in Frankenmuth, MI and registers his or her support prior to 10:30 a.m., the start of the contest. Bronner’s friendly Archery Contest provides a great opportunity for the community to rally around such worthy causes.
February 10, 2017, marks Bronner’s CHRISTmas Wonderland’s 10th Annual Hot Shot Local Media Celebrity Archery Contest! The preliminary round will be held at 10:30 a.m. at Bronner’s south checkout. Three entrants will advance to the final round. This year’s contenders are:
- Peter Brooks with 997 Family Life Radio for Youth Haven Ranch,
- Johnny Burke for the Johnny Burke Children’s Foundation,
- Larry Elliott with TV 12 for the Frankenmuth International Aid Foundation,
- Jason Fielder with WNEM TV 5 for the United Way of Saginaw County,
- Bob Johnson with MLive for The Power of Dad,
- Tom Lounsbury with the Tuscola County Advertiser and WLEW (“Tom Lounsbury Outdoors”) for Imagination Library/Great Start Tuscola, and
- Kristen Aguirre with NBC 25 for Big Brothers Big Sister of Flint and Genesee County.
VIEW HIGHLIGHTS FROM LAST YEAR’S EVENT!
SWEETENING UP TO THE IDEA?
Bronner’s dee-licious😋 signature Frosted Sugar Cookies and refreshments will be served.
WHO DOESN’T L❤VE A SALE?!
The Hot Shot Local Media Celebrity Archery Contest kicks off Bronner’s Be My Valentine Sale. Guests receive 14% off most in-store purchases $14 and over throughout the month of February 2017. For more information, contact Bronner’s customer service at (989) 652-9931 or email@example.com.
PAY IT FORWARD
A holiday celebrating love is a great opportunity for giving back to the community or paying it forward with a random act of kindness, don’t you think?!
WHAT’S YOUR AIM?
What other ideas/ways do you have to give back to others on V-day?