A country theme is popular for any number of special events including birthday parties, weddings, family reunions, staff get-togethers and more. Nature sets the scene perfectly in summer for a Western-themed wedding, which is what our friend ChristiAnna and her groom Andrew found when they married June 13, 2015.
Even their engagement was celebrated with photos at the barn!
Our Texas Cowgirl Lasagna from Bronner’s 1st edition, Flavorful Favorites is a match made in heaven for any Western-themed wedding. In fact, pair it with our Cowboy Caviar (see below) and Aunt Frances’ Lemonade, and you have rehearsal-dinner or wedding-day fare that will have you tying your wagon to a star!
TEXAS COWGIRL LASAGNA
– 1/4 c. margarine
– 1 lg. onion, chopped
– 1 (4.5 oz.) can green chilies, chopped
– 1 can cream of mushroom soup
– 1 can cream of chicken soup
– 1 tsp. beef bouillon
– 1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
– 1 (12 oz.) bag tortilla chips, round ones work best
– 4 c. cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
– 3 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
– 3 c. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1. In a large pan, melt margarine.
2. Add onion and green chilies. Simmer 10 minutes.
3. Add soups, bouillon and chicken broth.
4. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5. Lower heat and simmer 10 minutes.
6. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
7. Place a layer of chips on the bottom of the dish. Top with half of the chicken pieces and half of the cheese. Pour half of the sauce over the top.
8. Add another layer of chips. Top with the rest of the chicken, pour on the remaining sauce and top off with the rest of the cheese.
9. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
*submitted by Bob Taylor
A GIFT THAT KEEPS GIVING
It’s no surprise that Christmas ornaments are not the first thing on people’s minds when they think of wedding gifts. (Christmas comes but once a year, right?! We’re working on that by the way.😊) But seriously, they truly are special! Ornaments that reflect the lovebirds’ personalities, passions and hobbies, and that mark milestones like their momentous day are sure to inspire reflections that warm the soul in ways that a vacuum cleaner never could!
So might we suggest celebrating the bride and groom with special mementos of their wedding day by creating your very own gift box?!
To honor ChristiAnna and Andrew we picked a few favorites paired with some country fun!
Don’t have time to make your own or feeling overwhelmed by all the love-ly wedding ornaments to choose from? Bronner’s also offers a popular Newlywed Collection ornament set with a hand-painted ornament that transforms it into the perfect “Gift With Personal-ity®” for the special bride and groom! And it includes the sweetest little white country church!
Looking to shake up your wedding gift? We love the idea of gifting this Old World Christmas Salt & Pepper shaker ornament to the bride and groom thanks to insights from the movie “Fireproof.” (If you’re not sure what we’re talking about, you can catch that quick movie clip here!)
Our Cowboy Caviar recipe comes from our 2nd edition of Flavorful Favorites and it’s super delicious!
– 1 can black beans
– 1 can chick peas
– 1 can pinto beans
– 1 can white corn, drained
– 1 small red onion, diced
– 1 red or green bell pepper, diced
– 1 small can green chilies, chopped
– 1 c. sugar of 3/4 c. Splenda
– 3/4 c. apple cider vinegar
– 1/2 c. oil
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Drain corn.
- Mix together all beans, corn, onion, red or green pepper and chilies.
- In small bowl mix sugar or Splenda, vinegar, oil salt and pepper.
- Pour over beans and veggies.
- Let set in refrigerator at least 6 hours or overnight. Drain before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or Frito Scoops.
*submitted by Sue Kern