We are flipping the script on taco night at your house with this layered Mexican lasagna that can be made in a pinch!
I’m a BIG fan of Mexican food, but more than that, I’m a ridiculously HUGE fan of quick and easy meals. Since I’m a full-time working Mom with a little toddler, simple meals like this are my bread and butter.
Simple flavors – Simple ingredients – Simple instructions. Who could ask for more?! I hope you enjoy this meal as much as I did!
– 1 lb. ground beef
– 1 small to medium onion, chopped
– 1 pkg. taco seasoning
– 1 jar chopped green chilies
– 1 small jar of mild salsa
– 1 can refried beans
– 1 pkg. 8-inch flour tortillas
– 1 pkg. shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 350°.
2. Brown ground beef with onion. Drain and add taco seasoning, green chilies, salsa and refried beans; put aside.
3. Reserve 1 flour tortilla. Cut the remaining tortillas in half. (We cut ours in quarters to help cover the pan better.)
4. Cover the bottom of a 9-inch baking dish with tortilla pieces. Spread some of the meat mixture on top of the tortilla, then add some cheddar cheese.
5. Repeat tortillas, meat and cheese steps until all the meat mixture is gone.
6. Cut the reserved tortilla into quarters and place them on top.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes to heat through and melt cheese.
Serve with Sour cream, guacamole, tortilla chips, lettuce, tomato, peppers, extra salsa, hot sauce or green onions.
*This dish as a leftover will become a bit soggy due to the tortillas soaking up the sauce from the meat mixture. Don’t worry though, it will still taste delicious!
Want to add a little bit more heat to your Mexican lasagna? Add hot salsa, a pinch of cumin, and some fresh chopped cilantro into the meat mixture. You can also switch out the plain rice for some homemade Mexican rice!