Say, “CHEESE!” Then say no more! Cheese + potatoes = melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness!
There are several dishes my mother-in-law makes that are hands-down my favorites. Her cheesy potatoes are one of them. Everyone else in our family agrees! So when we were picking out recipes to showcase our staff’s collection of “Flavorful Favorites,” I couldn’t wait to try this version!
The golden, crunchy topping adds a perfect touch of texture to this comfort food so sure to warm the soul during winter’s cold months. Onions and sour cream bring a tamed zip to contrast the smooth flavors of melted cheese and silky potatoes as they dance on your tongue in a tasty tango.
So while you can’t have my mother-in-law, I’m happy to say you can have the closest thing to her cheesy potatoes! This recipe is found in our 1st edition cookbook. Enjoy!
– 1 bag Ore Ida hash browns
– 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 c. sour cream
– 1 can cream of chicken soup
– 1/2 c. chopped onions
– 1 stick of butter, melted
– 1 1/2 c. cornflake crumbs
1. Layer hash browns, cheese, sour cream, soup and onions in an 8 x 12-inch baking dish.
2. Pour butter over the top.
3. Sprinkle with cornflake crumbs.
4. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
*submitted by Kathleen Roller
We used a cubed cut of potato hash, but feel free to use shredded instead. As an alternative to layering ingredients, you can also premix them before placing in the casserole dish for a beautifully blended flavor.