Welcome spring! Let’s put winter away (at least in our home decor) and bring spring to our front door with Bronner’s bunny wreath!
Bronner’s bunny wreath is easy to make and hang. And the best news of all is that the wreaths can be re-purposed throughout the year in other decorative projects! Watch our blog all year long for more projects using these evergreen wreaths.
- 20-inch evergreen wreath
- 30-inch evergreen wreath (available by contacting customer service – 800.361.6736 or firstname.lastname@example.org – SKU #1120935, $33.99)
- 6-inch shatterproof ornament
- two 30 1/2 -inch strands of medium-weight wire
- one 10-inch strand of medium-weight wire
- 1/2 yard canvas or burlap (cut in half into two 18-inch by 18-inch pieces)
- two 8-inch by 4-inch pieces of pink felt
- 3 green chenille stems
- 6 ft. canvas or burlap wired ribbon (2 1/2 inches wide)
- 6 ft. pink ribbon of your choice (2 3/4 inches wide)
- liquid craft glue
- double-sided tape
- wire cutters
Connect the wreath frames using the 10-inch strand of wire.
Shape the ears using the 30 1/2-inch pieces of wire. Secure each ear by wrapping double-sided tape in an “X” pattern where the wire crosses at the base of the ear.
Complete the ears by following our video demonstration here:
Attach the wire ends of the bunny ears to the frame of the wreath head of the bunny.
Craft a few felt flower accents …
Assemble flowers into a small cluster with green floral tape or make a whole floral headband. Attach cluster to wreath with a green chenille stem (pipe cleaner).
If you wish, you can substitute store-bought artificial flowers for the handmade felt flowers.
Make a bow-tie for bunny! You can layer the ribbons (canvas/burlap on top of pink) as we did.
Follow the bow we used on this display with our step-by-step “How To Make A Bow” instructions. Or choose a fuller styled bow using our bow-making video demonstration below.
Attach the bow to the frame of the wreath using the ends of the green chenille stem.
For bunny’s tail, attach the 6-inch, shatterproof ornament to the frame using a green chenille stem. The ornament is available from Bronner’s in seven colors so you can make the tail any of those colors you choose.
Your bunny wreath is now ready to hang on an interior or exterior (protected) door or wall! Welcome spring!
Everybunny Get Hoppy!
What other ideas for upcycling Christmas wreaths do you have?