Is seeing the World’s Largest Christmas Store on your bucket list? We’re honored!
We’ve got a little bucket list of our own … for those that can come to visit us in Frankenmuth, Michigan!
10 THINGS TO DO WHILE AT BRONNER’S CHRISTMAS WONDERLAND
10. Mail A Letter To Santa – He’ll be making his list and checking it twice; better make sure he knows what you want just in case you’ve been nice.😂 Whether you’re 4 or 4- (… you get the point), it’s always fun to return to the childlike wonder of Christmas!
With over 8,000 styles, you’re sure to be inspired by some pretty fun and wacky ornaments to channel your inner Madonna and 🎵”Vogue, vogue, strike-a-pose!“🎵
Up for a bit of a challenge and loads of fun? We loved Adam and Kelsey’s Ornament Challenge idea! Why not let friends and family in on the fun and grab your list before you head on in?!
8. Answer The Santa Phone – January thru a good part of November, before Santa visits begin, Bronner’s has a direct hotline to Santa’s workshop in the North pole! We’ve seen the fun of both the young and young-at-heart answering our shiny red phone. Would you answer? (See more fun photos from Santa’s Hotline in our second installment of Top 10 Photo Ops at Bronner’s – hint … it’s #1!) But this precious “good boy” takes the cake so we’re sharing him again!😇 (Original Facebook video credit to Jaqueline Miles.)
View this post on Instagram
7. Have A Sugar Cookie – in Bronner’s Season’s Eatings snack area. We don’t want to brag, but our frosted sugar cookies are a pretty BIG deal! Even Mrs. Claus has Bronner’s recipe for sugar cookie frosting!
But you don’t have to take our word for it, his sweet face says it all! 😍
6. Find A Nativity On A Tree – Bronner’s has over 100 decorated Christmas trees in various themes on display and every-single-one features at least one Nativity ornament, a tradition Wally Bronner started that is still proudly carried on today! Halloween tree? Yup! Nativity … Fishing? Uh-huh, Nativity there, too!
Who doesn’t love a good scavenger hunt every now and then? As if there isn’t enough to see … Go ahead and find those Nativities, we challenge you!
5. Catch A (Free) Show in Bronner’s program center in section 2. With three different programs playing throughout the day, choose to learn about the history of how we came to be in “The World of Bronner’s,” meet Wally Bronner in “A Decorative Life: The Wally Bronner Story” or hear about the world’s favorite Christmas carol in “Silent Night, Holy Night.”
See daily showtimes for Bronner’s program center or find details on the Bronner family’s annual Christmas carol sing-along that takes place in the program center on December 22nd & 23: Bronner Family Sing-Along.
Not able to make it to our caroling event? You can always sing along to the Christmas music* in store, because after all, “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!” in the wisdom of Buddy the Elf!
And speaking of Christmas carols …
4. Visit The Silent Night Memorial Chapel – just 230 steps from Bronner’s south entrance! A neat little fact: “Silent Night” is actually celebrating it’s 200th anniversary this year in 2018!
Originator Wally Bronner first saw the chapel in Oberndorf, Austria, in 1976 while on a European buying trip. There he found inspiration for the memorial he longed to create in thanksgiving to God for His multitude of blessings throughout the years. Interested in more? You may enjoy reading the history of the “Silent Night” Christmas carol and chapels and how Bronner’s came to have the only other (authorized) replica.
Want to make this bucket list item extra special? Every Christmas Eve members of the Bronner family carry on a tradition, started by Wally Bronner, to open the chapel’s innermost sanctuary and lead guests in a few choruses of “Silent Night”! Bronner Family Silent Night Sing-Along.
3. Pick out an ornament – to show your personal-ity™!
It’s no secret that Bronner’s has a LARGE selection of personalized ornaments to celebrate life’s special moments, loved ones, pets, hobbies, occupations -or- retirement! AND SO MUCH MORE! (Somewhere around 2,000 skus if you’re counting!)
“As a young sign painter and window trimmer with artistic flair, Wally Bronner understood the importance of the personal touch. Before long, he transitioned into the Christmas decorations business, taking that artistic flair with him. He decided a staff Christmas party in the 1960s called for hand-painted, personalized Christmas ornaments for the staff children – gifts with personal-ity®. The personalized ornaments were such a hit that they became an integral part of Bronner’s merchandise selection and have remained one of our most popular offerings over the years.”
It’s not just the item itself that makes it so personal – but how they are personalized! In a day where machine-applied personalization is prevalent among most retailers, Bronner’s still hand-letters and paints EVERY ornament for that extra personal touch!
2. Take a drive down Christmas Lane at dusk – You can see a video of our drive down 25 Christmas Lane, but it’s just not quite the same as seeing the 1/2 mile-long, scenic drive is in person! Plus, we’ve added lots of new spectacular light displays! And while you can find many other amazing holiday light displays in Michigan, you’ll find that Bronner’s is the only one illuminated daily, ALL YEAR LONG!
1. Take a picture with the big guy – because if you don’t get a picture with our GIANT Santa, were you even really here?!😂
*Love Christmas music as much as we do or just wanting to get in the mood before your visit?!🎄🎵 Check out Bronner’s new Spotify music playlist! We’re still building our list, so feel free to let us know in the comments below what songs you’d like to see added!