It’s time to bust out the lemonade and the mini umbrella toothpicks! Summer is right around the corner and we’re ready to kick it off with this tasty spinach and mushroom frittata.
What’s better than breakfast and lunch, well of course BRUNCH! Our summer brunch frittata is packed with delicious veggies, garlic, and cheese. One of the best things about frittatas is they are cheap to make and great for throwing leftover veggies or meat in. Frittatas are meant to be creamy and not so much spongy. So make sure you follow the directions carefully and not over-bake!
SUMMER BRUNCH FRITTATA
– 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen spinach, thawed
– 1/2 cup butter
– 3/4 lb. mushrooms, thinly sliced
– 1/4 cup chopped green onions
– 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
– 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
– 12 eggs
– 3/4 cup whipping cream
– 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Squeeze as much excess water as you can from spinach. Set aside.
3. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions. Sauté
4. Add garlic and parsley. Sauté until most of the liquid is evaporated. Remove from heat.
5. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add cream, parmesan, spinach and sautéed ingredients.
6. Spray a 9-inch oven safe dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in egg mixture and bake until set in the middle, approximately 30-35 minutes. Best practice is to check the frittata five minutes before it’s done to make sure you don’t over-bake.
This recipe is one of many great recipes that you can get from Bronner’s Flavorful Favorites cookbook, check out more of our recipes that we have made right here on our blog!
What foods are you looking forward to enjoying this summer? Let us know in the comments below.